We are recruiting for an Underwriting Assistant to join our Admiral Marine team based in Salisbury. You will be providing underwriting and general assistance across all parts of the business.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the policy and underwriting administration of new, existing and renewal insurance policies
- Providing administration support to the Claims Manager
- Updating risk and claims information in the policy management system
- Creating documentation and sending to clients
- Generating Management Information and other similar reports
- Managing incoming calls and directing enquiries accordingly
- Assisting with Credit Control
- Co-ordinating with the marine team at Hayes Parsons when required
About Admiral Marine
Admiral Marine is a Managing General Agent (MGA) providing yacht and boat insurance for boats in the UK, Northern European waters, the Mediterranean, South East Asia and the Caribbean as well as bluewater cruisers undertaking long distance voyages.
Admiral Marine is part of the Hayes Parsons group of companies. As part of the Hayes Parsons Group, you will also get to know and spend time with the Hayes Parsons team and there will be opportunities to join us in Bristol for training and social events.
Skills and Experience
No previous insurance experience is required for this role as we will provide all necessary training. Some previous administration experience would be ideal although this is not a requirement.
We are also particularly interested in hearing from people with an interest in boats, sailing or the marine industry.
You will be dealing with clients on a daily basis and so it is vital that you have a professional and friendly approach. Your skill set will include:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- The ability to prioritise and organise your own workload and work to deadlines
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- The ability to work as a member of a team, some of who will be working remotely
For this role, we require that you have or are working towards completing the Chartered Insurance Institute’s Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII).
At Admiral Marine we take pride in our professional development and will support you by fully funding this qualification as well as your annual membership to the Chartered Insurance Institute.
This is a full-time, permanent role with salary starting from £21,000 per year.
Normal working hours will be Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
This role is based in Admiral Marine’s Salisbury office and we would consider a hybrid office and working from home arrangement on completion of your probation period. Travel to the main Bristol office may occasionally be required.
How to Apply
Please email your CV for the attention of Maxine Tearle to [email protected].