Before you leave yacht for the Winter months. A handy end of season checklist from the Admiral Marine team:
With the UK and Northern European seasons drawing to a close, now is a good time to take stock with a notepad of everything that needs sorting as you watch her lifted ashore. There is plenty of time to address a few issues before the frenzy of getting her back afloat next spring.
Here we list a few things to have a look at along with the usual more important things attracting your attention.
- Have a good look at that mooring strop on the buoy as you leave it for the last time; if it belongs to the yard let them know if you think it’s past its best – similarly the pickup buoy line.
- Check for gel coat cracks and dings and if you can’t sort them now cover them with tape to keep the rain from the exposed laminate.
- Have a good look at all your sheets, fender lines, mooring lines and halyards and measure any jaded ones needing replacement so that you can take advantage of January Boat Show bargains.
- Check your life jackets – have the gas canisters come unscrewed and are those you have really still right for the growing grand children? Also remind yourself of the expiry date on the flares and the date for servicing the life raft.
- Has the tube on your gas bottle reached its replacement date?
- If yacht is staying afloat with her engine winterised, is the bilge pump clear of sweetie wrappers and the float switch working?
As you know a few checks now will make life easier when the sun comes again next Spring.
If you are looking for a Yacht Insurance quote please visit our Get A Quote page to complete our online yacht insurance quote form and our specialist team will get back to you with your bespoke yacht insurance cover and quotation. Alternatively, you can Contact Our Team who will be happy to help answer any specific questions that you may have.